Do you struggle to find balance and emotional well being?
Have you suffered loss?
Are you depressed or anxious in relation to yours or a partners pregnancy?
Do you just want someone to talk to?
WE ARE HERE TO HELP.
Text: “HCFW” to 797979
We offer confidential counseling for individuals or couples with professional female and male counselors.
Our licensed counselors are trained in the following topics:
- Pregnancy Loss (Miscarriage, Infant Death, Stillbirth, Failed IVF, or Adoption-Related Loss)
- Post-Abortion Loss
- Perinatal Mood & Anxiety Disorders (PMADs)*
- Female and Male Issues (Relationships, Sexual Abuse, Boundaries, Self Esteem, and Pornography)
- Couples Counseling
We want to empower you to make healthy choices across your entire life. One way we can help you unpack unhealthy choices, painful experiences, or present worries is through counseling. We offer confidential counseling for individuals or couples with professional female and male counselors.
Therapy can help you identify specific concerns, process feelings, enhance communication and implement positive behaviors. Every client is unique and our professional counselors are here to meet you where you are.
Do you live too far away to physically attend each session? Is finding childcare an issue? Hope Clinic offers confidential and HIPAA compliant virtual counseling sessions through Doxy.Me.
Counseling fees are based on a sliding scale.
*formerly referred to as Postpartum Depression
Contact a Counselor
What to Expect At Your First Appointment
When you arrive at Hope Clinic, please park in front of the clinic or in the back parking lot. Please enter through the front door, where you will be greeted with a smile by our client services assistant or one of our support specialists. They will help you with paperwork, answer any questions you may have and show you to the clinic’s waiting room.
During your first session, your counselor will introduce her- or himself and will ask for your completed paperwork. Please print and fill out the following forms below before you come in, as it will allow more time during that first session for your counselor to get to know you:
Listed below are some standard subjects your counselor will most likely ask you about.
- Why you sought counseling – What initially brought you to Hope Clinic for counseling?
- Your personal history and current situation – There are many factors that influence a person’s life and who they are. Your counselor will want to know some background details before talking about what is presently happening.
- Your current symptoms – After understanding why you came to counseling, your counselor will try to understand how this bigger issue is affecting your daily life and everyday activities. For example, are you more distracted than usual? Do you find it harder to remain calm? Etc.
We also have a few suggestions for anyone about to enter counseling. These suggestions are intended to benefit you, so that you get the most out of each session.
- Be prepared – Before coming to your first session, think about how you want to describe “what’s wrong.” Practicing explaining why you’ve come will enable your counselor to understand you more clearly.
- Ask questions – Are you confused about how counseling works? Are you confused about what your counselor said when she/he said something? Ask you counselor these questions! The more you know, the more comfortable you’ll feel during your sessions. Don’t hesitate to speak up or ask for something to be repeated.
- Be open and honest about your feelings – Counseling can be a bit overwhelming, especially if you are voicing some of your thoughts and feelings for the first time. Be aware of how you are doing emotionally and mentally, and share this with your counselor. This is a safe and confidential space, and the more transparent you are, the more fruitful your sessions can be.
Counseling is not a quick fix for your problems, but it can be extremely effective through time and effort. Our counselors are ready to walk with you through your difficult times and celebrate with you in your victories. We are here to help
1810 Hayes Street | Nashville, TN 37203
Parking is limited on street and in back lot. Please arrive 15 minutes early to secure a spot.
Clinic Hours *Updated*
- Monday: 9am-4:30pm
- Tuesday: 9am-4:30pm
- Wednesday: 9am-4:30pm
- Thursday: 9am-4:30pm
- Friday: 9am-2pm
- Saturday: CLOSED
- Sunday: CLOSED