Bridge Parenting Program
Parenting can be overwhelming. If you are considering parenting, you may be thinking about finances, how to include your partner, having the education or support you need. Hope Clinic is here to listen, inform, and help equip you.
You won’t be alone.
Our Bridge Program was developed specifically with you in mind. We want to provide you with the support and resources you need to empower you to parent your child. Hope Clinic is here to listen, inform, and help equip you.
For over 36 years, Hope Clinic has been at the forefront of care for women facing the toughest choices combining practical care with a merciful, non-judgmental approach. We put you first. We equip. We help all individuals involved choose health. We provide ongoing support by utilizing a mind, body, spirit healing approach.
Hope Clinic was founded by a group of community leaders, pastors, priests, physicians and volunteers to meet the unique needs of women in unplanned pregnancies in a safe and confidential environment. We began by offering pregnancy tests, options counseling by trained lay volunteers, and free maternity and baby items. We were founded on the belief that a women’s life should be valued just as highly as the child she carries and we continue to hold to that belief. While our services have expanded through the years, our commitment has stayed true.
How can we help?
Women and men can enroll in this FREE program throughout their pregnancy and up to 3 months post-delivery. First you are assigned a mentor who is simply your coach, guide, and cheerleader. The person helping you unpack all your needs and how we can help you. They will guide you to classes, groups, and appointments, outside services. You earn points to use in our Bridge store for baby, maternity, and family items. Clients may remain in the program until their child turns 1 year old.
The Bridge Program includes the following services:
- Meet at least monthly at the clinic or offsite with your mentor for emotional, educational, and social support. We have men and women mentors available for you and your partner.
- They help you:
- Plan your next steps so you know ‘the next right step to take’
- Access resources such as housing, food and childcare
- Discuss topics such as: budgeting, healthy boundaries, and parenting
- Discuss development of pregnancy, preparing for labor and child development
- Suggest what onsite classes or online videos would be best for you
- We offer multiple classes and support groups a month onsite at our clinic and we have a database of online videos for you to learn practical, emotional, and spiritual skills related to parenting. Some topics include:
- Women’s Health, Pregnancy, Labor, Breastfeeding, Newborn Safety, Health, Nutrition and Feeding (taught by Belmont Nursing Students), Postpartum Support for Mothers and Families
- Finances, Budgeting, Couponing
- Baby Sign Language, Infant CPR and more
- New Moms’ Group, Men’s Group and Women’s Bible Study Group
Resources & Referrals:
- Our team of pregnancy experts can provide multiple resources and referrals to help make your parenting experience easier. Some examples include:
- OBGYNs, doctors, doulas, midwifery support, and birthing facilities
- Housing and jobs
- Daycare and family support
- Spiritual support and churches
- We want to help meet your mental and spiritual needs through professional counseling referrals either to our in-clinic staff or partner agencies.
- We offer graduate-level counselors for emotional and therapeutic support (individually or as a couple)
- Receive support/coping skills related to: anxiety, depression, stress and parenting
- Work through relationship challenges
- Confidential and HIPAA compliant virtual counseling sessions are offered through Doxy.Me if needed.
What about my partner?
At Hope Clinic, we welcome all important parties into this journey – especially your partner. At your own discretion, we invite you to bring them to your appointments, have them enroll in our Bridge Program, and allow them to receive the benefits of our services.
What about my parents?
If you would like your parents to be involved in your pregnancy journey, we welcome them. They are able to join you for any of your appointments and sessions. They are also welcome to enroll in the Bridge Parenting Program to learn new skills to help you.
It can be really scary to tell family members of your pregnancy, but we are here to support you and empower you to share with authenticity and strength.
Hear from Chelsea and Fernando about their experience confirming their pregnancy at Hope Clinic:
1810 Hayes Street | Nashville, TN 37203
Parking is limited on street and in back lot. Please arrive 15 minutes early to secure a spot.
Clinic Hours *Updated*
- Monday: 9am-4:30pm
- Tuesday: 9am-4:30pm
- Wednesday: 9am-4:30pm
- Thursday: 9am-4:30pm
- Friday: 9am-2pm
- Saturday: CLOSED
- Sunday: CLOSED